COVID-19 destination updates from our DMC Partners
Balkan countries – MacSun Travel
24.06.2020: Situation is getting better every day in the Balkan countries as well. Please find below the current update regarding various destinations MacSun has to offer for you:
Central- and South-America – Quimbaya Latin America
08.09.2020: Several Central- and South-American countries are already welcoming tourists or open its borders soon. Quimbaya Latin America is collecting the major updates for you about border openings, safety mesures and updated rules and regulations throughout Latin America.
China – China Peace International
08.07.2020: China Peace has collected the major updates for you about border closure status, safety mesures and updated rules and regulations throughout Mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan:
East Africa – Private Safaris
Herewith I send you the August updates: the way forward to East Africa Revival Phase!
Hungarian, Polish, Slovakian and Czech citizens are welcomed in Kenya!
See below for PCR test requirements and suggestions!
- International borders were open since 01st August 2020. We have had international flights arriving in/departing out of Kenya. Also tourists have started coming into the country and we have quite a number on safari already.
- Reduction of KWS Park Fees!
- To enter the country negative Covid-19 free certificate is required, and this should not be older than 14 days. But it is recommended to do the test 72 hours before arrival into Kenya, this will allow a good time for result to come out before departure. The certificate will be shown to the authorities before entry into Kenya is allowed
Private Safaris East Africa is ready to welcome you back. Karibuni!
India, Nepal, Bhutan – SITA
03.07.2020: As countries gradually exit lockdown to reopen economies, the region is striving to find a balance to control the spread of coronavirus. Here is a brief update on the latest about Coronavirus across India, Nepal, Bhutan:
Indochina, Myanmar, Thailand – Easia Travel
28.05.2020: Easia Travel is confident, that travel will eventually resume and be as rewarding as ever. The Team at Easia envision a future of travel that is safe, secure and seamless and that provides an authentic and meaningful experience to every traveller throughout their journey. Click on their Agent Hub to get further information and check the Health & Safety brochure below:
Iran – Rad Travel
02.09.2020: After a while struggling with this crisis, life is going on here in Iran and people get back to normal activities along with health protocols advised by the Ministry of Health. The hotels also are open with the condition of having all health protocols.
Rad Travel trained their guides and drivers to be ready to operate the tour with all protocols. They will use the vehicles with less numbers of pax based on capacity to keep the social distance and will use the audio guide set for the passengers to avoid being so close to tour guide and each other in visiting of all places. For more information about our protocols:
Israel – Isram Israel
Italy – Saistours
Jordan – Travco Jordan
06.09.2020: We gladly inform you, that Poland and Czech Republic has been added to the Green countries’s list, and its citizens are allowed to visit Jordan for tourism purposes. Conditions apply.
Malaysia – Within Earth
Malta – Event Solutions Malta by Vacations Malta
Mauritius – Connections Mauritius
01.09.2020: Mauritius borders will not open for tourism before 31st of October. This does not imply that they will be reopen on 01st of November. The opening date will depend on the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic in the various markets. However, there is a restricted opening phase as from the 01st of September for the repatriation of Mauritians, residents holding a permit and those working in Mauritius.
Below is the communiqué from the MTPA.
We gladly announce, that Connections DMC has received the Safe Travels Certificate from the Tourism Authority of Mauritius!
Namibia – Private Safaris
09.09.2020: Namibia is open! Windhoek’s international airport expect its first commercial international flight again as of from 11th September 2020. The country welcomes all nationalities to visit Namibia for tourism purposes along the following rules:
- All nationals can enter Namibia for tourism purposes by showing a negative Covid-19 PCR test done 72 hours before arrival.
- Upon arrival at the Hosea Kutako International Airport, the tourists proceed to the pre-booked destination and engage in the planned daily tourist activities at the facility for the number of days the tourist is staying there.
- If the tourist intends to spend less than five days at the pre-booked facility, the tourist can proceed to the next destination. However, on day five (5), the tourist must be available for swabbing wherever they find themselves.
- The tourist must be reachable on day seven (7) to receive the results of the swabbing.
- If the result is negative, the tourist is released from any surveillance. If the result is positive, the tourist will be taken to the isolation facilities identified by the Ministry of Health and Social Services and treated at their own cost and according to national case management guidelines.
Portugal – Buzz DMC
05.08.2020: BUZZ DMC Portugal collected the last updates for Portugal, highlighting that:
- with the exception of Lisbon area, the rest of the country remains in Alert State (the lowest level of intervention)
- the lockdown we had in 19 parishes in Lisbon surroundings were lifted and Lisbon area remains in Contingency State (the second lowest level of intervention)
- Madeira has just announced the mandatory use of face masks in public exterior areas
So, on one hand, the measures are being taken to keep Portugal a safe destination and on the other hand, the measures already in place are showing up in our daily numbers.
Here are the details:
South-Africa – Private Safaris
Spain – Buzz DMC
27.05.2020: Spain has announced the schedule of lifting lockdown measures, and implemented rules and regulations to support the tourism industry and secure the safety of clients when travelling to Spain. The team of BUZZ DMC Spain collected the most important points for you:
Sri Lanka – Luxe Asia
06.06.2020: Sri Lanka Tourism ready to welcome tourists from 1st Aug 2020.
Sri Lanka is readying to welcome travelers from across the world with safety guidelines and precautionary measures.
UAE & Oman – Arabian Explorers
04.06.2020: United Arab Emirates plans to open its borders and welcome tourists again in July, but at this moment nobody knows what precautions will the government take to prevent the further spread of the virus.
Oman is still closed and no information so far when the country will be open again.